Home | LIFE actions |
Stakeholders and General Public involved in the project
Several communication, awareness and training actions will allow a better understanding of the European mink by the local stakeholders. It is an essential role to ensure success for the programme.
To achieve this objective:
- Creation of a website about the LIFE VISON programme
- Awareness campaigns for the local stakeholders (river technicians, trappers, hunters, local population, schools, in sport and leisure activities…)
- Involvement of the decision-makers to integrate the European mink conservation in local land use politics
- Implementation of information panels in strategic locations open to the public
- Production of documentaries about the project, actions, Charente River catchment and high value species of the LIFE area
- Creation of thematic information flyers
- Technical seminars
- Writing of scientific articles, accessible to the general public.
THE EUROPEAN MINK
It is a carnivorous mammal belonging to the Mustelidae family. It is classified as “critically endangered” according to IUCN’s Red List of threatened species.
WITH THE FINANCIAL SUPPORT OF
LIFE VISON Project Coordinator
+33 5 46 82 12 45
LPO – Les Fonderies Royales
8-10 rue du Docteur Pujos
CS 90263 – 17305 Rochefort - France
> Created by: Pigment Web Multimédia - 85200 Fontenay-le-Comte